The L1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment Training course is intended to provide candidates with a general understanding of health and safety as part of their application for the CSCS Green Card. It aims to raise people’s awareness of hazards within the workplace and covers Workplace Hazard Awareness, H&S Legislations, Safety Signs, PPE, Hazardous Substances, First Aid, Fire Regulations, RIDDOR, Ladders, Noise, Working with Electricity, COSHH, Risk Assessments, and Manual Handling.
Who should attend?
Any employee who wishes to make an application for the CSCS Green Card or raise awareness and increase their knowledge of health and safety within a working environment.
- Introduction – outlining the current Health and Safety legislation used in the construction industry.
- The basic awareness of danger appropriate to specific operations.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Responsibilities of managers, senior staff and employees.
- Understanding safety signage.
- The role of Risk Assessment and why this “tool” is so crucial. How to control and minimize the risk.
- How to formulate policies, procedures and maintain documentation.
For a full breakdown of fees, please contact one of our experienced advisors.
Assessment and Certification
After completing a final assessment successful candidates will receive certification and be eligible to make an application for the CSCS Green Card.