The Manual Handling Training course is intended to provide candidates with an understanding of how to safely handle loads. It covers practical aspects of lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing and pulling loads. It also provides information on the human spinal system, risk assessment, the legal responsibility of employers to their employees and techniques for the prevention of accidents. The manual handling course involves knowledge development, and a series of practical exercises, followed by scenarios that allow candidates to put their skills into practise.
Who should attend?
Employees that are expected to carry out any lifting and carrying during their work tasks or individuals that would just like to increase their knowledge base for safer lifting.
Benefits & Features
The advantages of manual handling training are threefold:-
- Compliance with health and safety law
- Employees correctly trained are less likely to injure themselves or others
- Employees that attend the training complete a simple written section that checks their knowledge and comprehension
This training course provides an insight into the risk associated with moving and handling and teaches safer lifting and handling techniques.
- Introduction to what is Manual Handling
- Responsibilities under Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- Learn safer moving and handling techniques.
- Practical techniques and manual handling assessments.
- Responsibilities of managers and senior staff.
- How to control and minimize the risk.
- How to formulate policies, procedures and maintain documentation.
For a full breakdown of fees, please contact one of our experienced advisors.
Assessment and Certification
Our Manual Handling courses are legally compliant with the current Health and Safety Regulations.
After completing a final assessment successful candidates receive a Centre Certificate.